It’s getting cold outside, which means lots of social/paddling this week to warm you up! Here’s the low-down for what’s going on:
1.Thursday pub session at Uni Club at 7.30pm
2.Friday morning marathon session
3.North Wales trip this week end-2 SPACES STILL AVAILABLE
4.Sunday session at Port Meadow 11am-1pm
5.First aid course sign up is still open
6. Christmas dinner!
7. Membership reminder
1.There will be a pub session this Thursday from 7.30pm onwards to get some warming beer down your gullet to warm you up in the cold weather!
2. Marathon paddling
This session is aimed at people who want to cover distances in long pointy boats. The sessions are based at Falcon Canoe Club by Donnington Bridge and therefore cost £2 to cover Falcon equipment. If you are pretty comfortable in an ordinary kayak and interested in going along, get in touch with our marathon rep, Thomas who can answer any questions and sign you up for a session.
3. There are two spaces still available on the North Wales trip this weekend. Online signup is available and you will need to get money to Cormac Browne. Please chat to the leaders if you are not sure about whether you can come (the requirements are in the e-mail but if water levels are very high and you have not paddled much you may need to sit in a tea shop if there is nothing appropriate for you to paddle, but the social will be great whatever the case!).
4. This Sunday there will still be a session at Port Meadow, from 11am-1pm, incorporating both polo and general fun, to please everybody!
5. Sign up for the First Aid course in 7th week (26/27th November) is still open and is an amazing price for the course you will be getting.
6. Our annual Christmas Dinner will be taking place on the 24th November, so put the date in your diaries! Current thoughts for location are Uni Club or St. Catz, but the festive cheer will be fab wherever we go, and it also a certain important club member’s birthday, so reserve the date!
7. If anyone has not completed their membership (whether this is paying but not completing a form, completing a form but not paying, or both), you MUST e-mail Jonathon Witty (firstname.lastname@example.org.
That’s all from me. Wishing you a lovely week and hopefully see you out on the water 🙂