Thanks to everyone who came on the North Wales trip; it was a fab weekend, all faff included!
Here’s what’s lined up this week:
1.Thursday pub session at Uni Club at 7.30pm
2.Friday morning marathon session
3.Sunday session at Port Meadow 2pm
4. Pool session 9-11.30am.
5.First aid course sign up is still open
6. Christmas dinner!
7. Membership reminder
1.There will be a pub session this Thursday from 7.30pm onwards at Uni Club to get some warming beer down your gullet to warm you up in the cold weather!
2. Marathon paddling
This session is aimed at people who want to cover distances in long pointy boats. The sessions are based at Falcon Canoe Club by Donnington Bridge and therefore cost £2 to cover Falcon equipment. If you are pretty comfortable in an ordinary kayak and interested in going along, get in touch with our marathon rep, Thomas who can answer any questions and sign you up for a session.
3. There will be a pool session on Sunday morning from 9am-11.30am, split into two sessions, at the Brookes Sport Centre in Botley. The first session will be rolling practice and general skills, the second will be canoe polo. Cost will be £2 per session to fund our pool costs. Bring a swimming costume, t-shirt and shorts for the session, a towel and a change of clothes, and get ready for a fun splashabout.
4. Apologies to anyone who didn’t get a Sunday sesh this weekend. This time we’ll make it! This Sunday there will be a session at Port Meadow at 2pm, incorporating both polo and general fun, to please everybody!
5. Sign up for the First Aid course in 7th week (26/27th November) is still open and is an amazing price for the course you will be getting.
6. Our annual Christmas Dinner will be taking place on the 24th November, so put the date in your diaries! Current thoughts for location are Uni Club or Mansfield, but the festive cheer will be fab wherever we go, and it’s also a certain important club member’s birthday, so reserve the date!
7. If anyone has not completed their membership (whether this is paying but not completing a form, completing a form but not paying, or both), you MUST e-mail Jonathon Witty (firstname.lastname@example.org.
That’s all from me. Wishing you a lovely week and hopefully see you out on the water 🙂